How can conception date be determined after getting pregnant?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
Hello, I am pregnant and my first ultrasound was at 18 wks. I was told that my due date from the ultrasound is March 1, and my ultrasound at 20 wks showed the same due date. I was not getting my period due to the pill I was on, but obviously was not taking it as I should have been. I had sex May 21 and I had sex XXXXXXX 8. Is it possible that I conceived in May?
Posted Sat, 18 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sonila Borici 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following answer. Detailed Answer: Hi, Please bare in mind that the age of pregnancy given in the ultrasound is not the exact one. I'm pretty sure your doctor has given 2 possible due dates (usually +/- 2 weeks). Usually, the calculation of pregnancy is: Due Date = Last Menstruation Period + 9 months + 7 days If your due date is 1 March, then, most probably you conceived in May. However, I'd like to have your last menstruation date. Thank you! Dr.Sonila