How can cold sweat with runny nose but no fever in 6 month old baby be treated ?

My 6 month old baby has a cold sweat but no fever with a funny nose
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later

Cold sweats at night in a six month old baby can be an absolutely normal finding. Small children do have lower viral infection which your baby might have suffered in the recent past. The night sweats can be the result of weakness arising out of such an infection.
Night sweats and a very low body temp can indicate an under-active thyroid - this is the gland that regulates our metabolism.You need to get his thyroid levels checked.
Another common reason is environmental factors, such as too many covers or heavy pajamas
You can discuss these with his pediatrician on your next visit.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.