How can cbt therapist help with a nervous/mental breakdown?

Dec 2012

how can cbt therapist help with a nervous/mental breakdown? I faced into the breakdown,but that was hell and then after I did not know it blocked my mind before the breakdown and mu mind blocked out the breakdown. I just didn't remember it taking me out because my parents helped and I forgot-when it does that you don't really know whats taking you out-like your in a coma state. So I go to one now but she said it is what is and now I get caught up in it, not taking me out,but I get lost in it and now I remember more how I thought before the breakdown. I just don't know just telling you it is what it is helps?
Posted Tue, 26 Mar 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 37 minutes later

Thanks for posting,
With the kind problems you are presenting you will definitely need a CBT Therapist. Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) is a type of talking therapy that can help you to manage your problems by changing the way you think and behave. Nervous/Mental breakdown usually requires a long term psychotherapy associating your willingness to have a stable and normal life and the fact that you recognize that you have a problem which needs resolution. The therapist will guide you through and maybe get you into a group therapy where you might XXXXXXX people that share the same problems as you.
I will advise for you to XXXXXXX one and both the therapist and a neuropsychiatrist can work "miracles" in your life just by talking with you.

Hope this helps
Dr Nsah

Follow-up: How can cbt therapist help with a nervous/mental breakdown? 14 minutes later
what is a neuropsychiatrist? I went to a psychiatrist,but he just helped with medication, he didn't know how log it took me out and I forgot? The after I faced into the breakdown, he got me confused and he make it worse. So my CBT therapist said ,he gives out medication,thats all they do. He does not really understand a breakdown and after you face into it,there is still tricks it plays and he told me to remember the thoughts,then it gets out of preportion. CBT therapist said he uses one sides fits all and you cannot to that with a breakdown.
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 8 minutes later

Thanks for updating,
I see your worry and understand your concern. A neuropsychiatrist is a specialist who has expertise in neurological and psychiatric problems. He can investigate further into a problem such as yours by trying to find out if there is possible neurological explanation to your problem such as a nerve lesion (running tests, EEGs and scans) and at the same time he can provide psychotherapy for your condition if your problem is uniquely mental.
Given you medications without trying to understand what your problem is will instead aggravate the situation. My thoughts or suggestions are that you should be taken off medications for a while, careful observations and close monitoring with EEG (electroencephalogram), CT scan and MRI to determine if a nervous disorder might be responsible for your problems. If your problem is purely psychiatric (such as you are describing it), a lot of patience from your part will be required and your entire 'entourage' including your family, friends, work environment and all health care providers need to work towards improving your health.
Do give some time to discussing therapy and see where it leads you. You may consult with a neuropsychiatrist if need arises.
Hope this helps
Dr. Bernard