How can an itchy spot on my eyelid and finger be cured?

Hi, I have an itchy flat XXXXXXX on eye lid and finger. It has red dot in middle and can get sore and bigger eventually pealing the skin if gets worse. Help.
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

I agree with you in considering the fact that the lesion could probably be a fungal infection.The symptoms are typical here.

You can apply Micanazole antifungal cream over the affected area, you can use the same to the lesion over the eyelid.If its a fungal infection as we suspected it will surely show good changes within a week of cream application.

Apply the cream after through washing the affected area.

Do mail me the images of the lesion to YYYY@YYYY , I shall have a look and advice you better.

Anticipating your response,

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 17 hours later

Thanks for getting back to me.

I had a look on the images you sent.I am assured that it could be a fungal infection.

Do apply the cream I mentioned ( MICANAZOLE), it will help.

Wish you a speedy recovery.
Follow-up: How can an itchy spot on my eyelid and finger be cured? 2 hours later
are you sure this can be used over the eye?
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 5 minutes later

Yes, it can be applied on any type of skin.

But do take care that it does not get instilled into the eye as it is not a ophthalmic preparation.Though its not XXXXXXX , the base in the ointment may irritate the eyes.

You can use Neosporin ophthalmic ointment to the lesion under the lid to be on safer side.

Wish you good health.