How can an irritated clitoris be treated ?

irritated clitoris, sore when walking and even do I fix this? Had it once before and was on vacation, went to an ER I was in so much pain. Dr used some numbing cream which helped immediately but don't remember the name or anything else....
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Follow-up: How can an irritated clitoris be treated ? 10 minutes later
Is there anything I can do at home now?
Answered by Dr. Vidya Muralidhar 28 minutes later

An irritated clitoris could be due to vaginal dryness or an infection.

After one attains menopause, there will be a lot of hormonal changes in a woman which leads to vaginal dryness as well as infections.This could present with sores, pain , itching and discomfort on activity.

You must get an XXXXXXX examination done from a Gynecologist.

Tests like blood counts, urine routine and microscopy,blood sugar may be suggested.

Here are a few things which could help you

1.Do not wash the area with soap or other cosmetic preparations .Use plain water or Lactacyd feminine hygiene liquid if available.(you can discuss this option with your doctor)
2.Wear loose cotton undergarments
3.Increase the intake of water to 3 to 5 lts a day
4.You may discussing the options of Estrogen creams for vaginal dryness with you gynecologist.
5.Take Tab.IBUPROFEN for pain relief if you experience too much pain.
6.If it is an infection , suitable antibiotics will be needed for a week or more.

Hope I answered your query.I am available for follow ups as well