How can a swollen lymph node in groin area be treated with history of HPV ?

I am a 31 yr old female few yrs ago i was diganosed with HPV was treated and all things went away now just the other day i woke up to notice swollen area on the anal area which i thought was a hemroid. and now i have a swollen lymph node in the groin area which is very tender to the touch please is this something i sould be worried about should i go to the emergencie room as i can not get into my doctors for a while now
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Women Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 6 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query,

Your question is a very good one and I will try to provide you with some good information and recommendations regarding what is going on.

The most likely cause of what you are feeling is a small infection under the skin. This is usually caused by a bacteria and your immune system should be able to fight it. The lymph node swelling is related to your immune system responding to the infection.

If you develop fever or worsening pain I think you should go to the ER for an exam and some antibiotics. Today I would like you to remain well hydrated, eat a balanced good diet and do some warm soaks in a bathtub for 20 minutes twice daily for the next few days. This will help sooth the area and promote healing.

Again - fever or more pain are signs you should go to the ER.

I thank you again for the query and hope my response serves to be adequate and helpful. Should you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Dr. Galamaga