How can a rheumatologist helps to get cured from PMR?

How may a Rheumatologist help me beat PMR?
I have had Polymyalgia for nearly 4 years so am to be referred to a Specialist.
Does this usually bring good results?
Posted Sun, 5 Aug 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 1 hour later

Polymyalgia Rheumatica is not a common condition. It is only quite recently that the diagnostic criteria for PMR was established. So it is not something which can be treatable by regular physician.

Rheumatologist would certainly have more expertise and experience in handling patients with PMR. Therfore, you must consult and take their advice.

Ther are certain prescription medications, which are used for PMR and have shown benefit. Your Rheumatologist would be able to help you in this regards.

Hoep this answers your query.

Please get back if you need any further information.

Dr Kiran.