How can a patient suffering from Insulin resistance syndrome, panic attacks and hypothyroid lose weight ?

Iam suffering from Insulin Resistance syndrome. I had panic attacks and Iam on Nexito 20 since 1 year..Im also suffering from Hypothyroid and have 91 kg weight..Iam really depressed about my pattern of life though i eat healthy food..

I had taken leptos 15 and my anxiety increased..I want to know that can it stimulate insulin resistance?What sshould I doto reduce my weight and be healthy?
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Weight Loss
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 28 minutes later

Insulin resistance syndrome is a major cause of obesity and along with healthy food you will have to do some form of exercise daily to reduce fat.

Leptos is a drug which acts on the brain center and reduces the appetite.It is associated with side effects as anxiety,dizziness,vision problems,stomach pain,heart burn and is not recommended for long term use.It is especially not recommended for persons having anxiety and can stimulate insulin resistance even.

Some suggestions for you:
Do not be depressed and have a positive outlook for life.
Do some form of exercise daily.You can join a gym or do yoga which are quite effective for weight loss.Do it under a trainer so that a regular schedule is maintained.

Eat healthy food and consult a Nutritionist for diet plan who can guide you according to your needs.
Remember there is no shortcut to losing weight and only effective and permanent solution is exercise and healthy diet.You can definitely loose weight with some determination and avoid any drugs as they can cause other complications.

Hope I have answered your query.I will be available for follow up if any.

Follow-up: How can a patient suffering from Insulin resistance syndrome, panic attacks and hypothyroid lose weight ? 6 days later

I asked a question and I have a follow up question..I agree that I should not be disturbed by weight but i want to know that is brown rice good for eating daily istead of chapati?..i have been advised low carb and low sugar diet..what can i take as a result?

Answered by Dr. Mitaly 2 hours later

Thanks for the follow up.

Brown and white rice contain equal number of calories,carbs and proteins though brown rice has more of minerals.In my opinion it would not be a good idea to have rice daily instead of chappati.You can have it 3 times a week and alternate with Chappati.Have more of fruits,salads and veggies.
For complete diet chart you can refer to any Nutritionist who can evaluate and guide you accordingly.

Wishing you Good Health!