How can a dry red itchy burning patch at the back of my neck be healed?

Question
Hi, I have a very dry red burning itchy patch in the back of my neck for a couple of months now. What could it be? I am 58 years old. Was treated for a very painful ENT infection and given pain meds. I had a very itchy rush develope all over my body and stopped the taking the pain meds, All the rushes faded away except for the back of my nect. The pain med had Codeine.
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Skin Rash

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX

Thanks for your query,

The rashes you had during the medictions on and one you have now could be due to codeine as allergy to the same is very common and present most of time with rashes with severe itching.

I would advice you take a Tab Benadryl once in night after food for 3 days if you see inprovement do continue it for 4 more daysaiming at complete recovery. If there is no improvement in the lesions then it could probably be an infection by fungus as the site ( back of the neck ) is typical. Then you may need to consult a dermatologist to confirm the same and put you on antifungals.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.