Ask a Urologist   »  

How can a burning sensation in the penis after accidental spilling of shaving cream be treated?

my son squirted barbasol shaving cream into the end of his penis.. it burns and he says he cant go to the bathroom when trying feels like needles ..will this take care of itself in time or do i need further assistance now?
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 18 minutes later

Thanks for your query,

Th burning sensation could be due to allergic reaction to the shaving cream, also there could be swelling in the urethra which is making it difficult to pass urine.

Its very rare that a shaving cream can induce any such reactions as most of the chemicals in them are inert,Since its an unexpected presentation i would advice you to take hi to your nearest doctor to examine him and get him on appropriate treatment without delay.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.