How can Kidney failing, drop in pulse, bloating in abdomen and lethargy be treated ?

I took an od Feb 2005, now it seems my kidneys are failing, pulse 80, I have bloating in my abdomen and lethargy, I realize I am coming to the end, do you know when I can expect my doctor to give me those medicines like tablets of heroin or morphine. He is arranging for me to see a psychiatrist but didnt want to talk to me when went to see him a week ago.

I wanted to ask him for tablets but he was new to me, also, young. Plus ,I havent talked to my family recently, although I spent the weekend with them , although they know everything anyway, they are waiting for me to die so they can get on with their lives, will you discuss this with me please.

I am 61 years old and I am trained general nurse and I worked for 12 years as a nurse, although this is years ago now. I feel reasonably ok, I dont really feel much like going out or eating.
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Schizophrenia
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 1 hour later

Important points of your query:
•     Old age ~ 61 year.
•     Presence of psychiatric problem for many years
•     Diagnosed for having paranoid schizophrenia in 2006 and treated with amisulpride 400mg per day
•     Chief complaint: fear of kidney failure, negative feeling towards self and family members
•     Social dysfunction because of symptoms.

I suggest you the following measures. They will be helpful to you-
•     Discuss about psychiatric symptoms with your treating physician so that an immediate or early psychiatric referral can be arranged.
•     You probably may need to be on long term medications especially when the symptoms have been chronic and long standing.
•     Treatment of schizophrenia is currently most important health need in your case; as presence of illness may alter your ability to perceive your current health status.
•     Some of your current symptoms may be because of stoppage of amisulpride in year 2010. Restarting the medication can be considered.

Hope this will help you. I will be available for follow ups if any.

Wishing you Good Health.