How can I treat dry white itchy patches in the groin?

I m 26 years old. I m having dry white patches in groin area and all over my seat. It itches a lot and is flaky. Please suggest.
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Men Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 37 minutes later

Thanks for query.

What you might be having is a fungal infection of skin known as Taenia infection or popularly known as "Ring worm".

At this times of summer this is very common. It commonly occurs in areas where there is presence of moisture. Groin is such an area. They can stay there for months if not treated properly.

You need to take specific anti fungal treatment for this, cream as well as oral.

The Quadridrem and Candid B that you using both contains more or less same ingredients.Some times the anti fungal that you are using do not work. They also contains steroids which you should not use for longer periods without medical advise.

The best thing for you is to visit a dermatologist or your family physician as you used the OTC medicines already. You need early treatment for it now. The complete course is must, other wise this will not heal. There are very good anti fungal available today, they can help you.

Apart from medication please take care of following.

1.Avoid wearing tight fitting clothes
2.Wear more of cotton,avoid jeans
3.Take bath couple of times in a day
4.Keep the area dry,you doctor can give powder for this also.
5.Maintain good hygiene.

I hope this answers your query.I will be available for follow up.