How can I reduce weight?

Naturopathy & Yoga Specialist
How I can reduce my wait
Posted Tue, 18 Sep 2012 in Weight & Lifestyle
Answered by Dr. Gurudatta H K 11 hours later
Dear Sir,

Thank you for posting your query.

The answer for your question is as follows –

1. The best ways for reducing weight is a combination of Exercise therapy, Diet & Nutrition therapy.

2. I also need to mention that, weight reduction is an ongoing process and not just like any other disease condition where in you will address it only till the disease is cured.

3. Lots of specific lifestyle changes needs to be done to reduce your weight. It is difficult to write it down for you without having a detailed consultation.

As you have mentioned you are 31 years old, male – I would advise you to start walking before anything else is started. The tips for walking are as follows –

1. Select the right kind of footwear, so that you are comfortable for walking so that there are no injuries.

2. Be regular and consistent in your walking, which should be almost 6 days a week very sincerely.

3. Also try to go for walking at the same time every day, so that it becomes a habit and routine for the body and its functions to be appropriate.

4. Start initially with short distances of 1 km and increase gradually based on your time and ability.

5. Maintain a moderate speed of walking and do not rush to complete more and more distance.

6. Try to go for walking mostly in the early morning hours only.

7. Select a location which has good amount of trees and fresh air, preferably a walking path (in case you are in apartment) or a park.

8. Drink a glass of water before going for walk.

9. Do not eat anything after finishing your walk for about 15 minutes, rest after your walking for about 15 – 30 minutes and then have some liquids or breakfast.

For any further details, please write back.

With best wishes,

Dr H K Gurudatta, BNYS