How can I reduce my dark circles above and below the eyes?

Dermatologist
Question
how can i reduce my dark circles ? my age is just 17 and the part below and above my eyes is dark
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Beauty & Cosmetics

Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 22 minutes later
Hello.

Dark circles have a multifactorial etiology- vitamin deficiency, sun exposure, inadequate sleep, anemia, applying XXXXXXX etc all can add to dark circles.

A comprehensive treatment for the dark circles include targetting all the parameters mentioned and using topical creams containing Kojic Acid, Vitamin C, Arbutin, Mandelic acid, mild steroids, etc.

In case, the creams doesn't show results, other options include Peels and Fractional lasers.

In case anaemia or dietry deficiency is present, they should be treated with nutritional supplements.

A Dermatologists advice should be taken and one should be patient enough to see results as the condition responds slowly to treatments.

Hope, this answers your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Regards.

Follow-up: How can I reduce my dark circles above and below the eyes? 13 hours later
sir can u tel me some home remedies for it ? and can u tel me some names of topical creams which contains Kojic Acid, Vitamin C, Arbutin, Mandelic acid, mild steroids, etc?

Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 4 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX Bajaj

Vitamin C serum are available as Serum VC-15 .
Under eye dark circle treatment creams like Wunder Eye cream is available. However, please consult your dermatologist before using this.

Consult your dermatologist who will prescribe them after a thorough examination and investigations.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr.Rohit Batra

Follow-up: How can I reduce my dark circles above and below the eyes? 2 hours later
i am using garnier light anti dark circle cream , wil it help me?

Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 1 hour later
Dear XXXXXXX

Thanks again.

It is difficult to comment on an OTC product which is out of domain of medicine. Hence I am unable to provide you with any information regarding Garnier Light.

Hope I have answered all your queries. Please accept my answer if you do not have any follow up queries.

Dr.Rohit Batra