How can I recover from disc bulge?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
i am wondering, i have a mild central posterior bulge of the disc L5/S1 disc would get more painful? is there anything i could do to make it recover?
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. A.K.Venkatachalam 8 hours later

A disc bulge alone without herniation of the soft jelly like portion will not cause severe problems like sciatica.

You have to be careful with your posture, sleeping habits. You may need to take rest for a couple of days if employed in case of severe pain. Painkillers may be taken in small quantities for short duration.

Do consult a Physiotherapist who can help you to reverse the problem to considerable extent.Its more of exercise is what needed for such mild structural abnormalities.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them

Yours sincerely