How can I read the PET scan report?
User rating for this question
Current DX: Disthymia and PTSD. Had a PET Scan done but the Neurologist who took it would not explain the result. I can not have the test repeated due to Medical Insurance restriction. I have the CD disk, how can I have it read. I don't have formal medical training. I do have 35 years in Cardiac Pacemaker work.
Posted Wed, 22 Jan 2014 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Brief Answer: You can take the disk to a different neurologist Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. Its bad that your neurologist who had access to the disc did not explain you the findings. Ideally he should do this and ask him to do it in the next visit. If he still doesn't agree the you can show the disk to a different neurologist who can do that for you. There is no need to repeat the test as the Disk can itself be read. PET reading is not a common thing and can be read by an expert who has formal training in PET. A neurologist or a radiologist can do that for you. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: bit.ly/dr-srikanth-reddy Wish you good health, Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
People also viewed
- Itchy discoloration on scrotum
- 12 signs of male depression
- How to read ultrasound scan reports
- Itchy eyes from hiv
- How to read scanning reports
- Emotionally unstable personality disorder diagnosis
- How can i read the pet scan report
- Itchy bumps on legs that wont go away
- Itchy bumps with white dot
- How to read a dexa scan report
- Is dyslexia a developmental disability
- Modafinil provigil 100 mg tablet
- It is difficult to straighten my knee
- How to read pregnancy scan report
- Different types of personality disorders