How can I quit tobbaco addiction?

Hi I am 34 yrs old and having habit of Gutkha for the last 15 yrs. NOw I would like to quit Gutkha Permanantly. Even I had left for couple of week but now again started . Pls suggrest me to Permanant solution for this bad habit. Pls suggest me
Posted Sun, 19 Jan 2014 in Drug Abuse
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Brief need to develop firm commitment in your mind and strong will power to do it and you have done it in past also. Detailed answer... Hello, Thanks for the query. It is really good that you want to quit GUTHKA and you can do it because you have done it in past and so it can be done even now with firm commitment and strong will power. The best way to treat you would be taking some medications and some counselling. Two types of medications can be given to you. 1st  nicotine replacement therapy where nicotine gums or patches are used for some time as substitute to nicotine.This is done so that you don't develop sudden withdrawl symptoms by stopping GUTHKA.You are given these nicotine gums in a low dose and then withdrawn gradually. 2nd Medicines like VARENICLINE and BUPROPIAN ,which help in reducing psychological addiction.The medicine and it's dose is decided after a detailed and personal assessment. The next step is to go for counselling because medicines alone cant help you and you need a regular motivation by counselling therapies like MOTIVATIONAL ENHANCEMENT THERAPY. You must consult a psychiatrist and get yourself evaluated and managed professionally. If you keep a strong commitment to you and have strong desire to quit and keep yourself motivated and take a proper treatment,you can surely come out of this addiction. I hope it helps,however you may revert to me for any further query. Best of luck Thanks
Follow-up: How can I quit tobbaco addiction? 27 minutes later
Hi Sir, Thanks for your suggestion, However this time I'have fully motivated towards quit this bad habit. In the past I had been in UK where I had completely quit all this things. But when I came back I again started this. I would request you to , could you please suggest me some nicotine gums/Medician, which Can be used a substitute for this and also dose quantity. And where do I get those nicotine gums
Hello, As I explained you above it would be best if you consult a psychiatrist for the professional management. If you start any treatment without a professional guidance,the chances of failure are very high. It is better for you to be methodical and have a proper approach towards your problem. Thanks