How can I overcome the smell of aftershave in my breath swallowed in sleep?

Question
hello in my sleep i may have swallowed a sip of aftershave, what is the best thing to do as i can smell it on my breathe?
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Deepak Anvekar 13 minutes later

After shave products have very high alcohol content (e.g. >50%).

Hence depending on the composition of the aftershave used, you might have taken a small portion of high strength alcohol.

In case you have symptoms like burning in the mouth, or alcohol smell - just rinse the mouth with cold water and clean it. Drink some cold water or fruit juices to dilute the stomach contents.

In addition
1. Taking 4 -5 table spoon of Antacids like gelusil, mylanta, or maalox will be helpful to reduce any burning sensation in the stomach.

2. Omeprazole twice daily will be helpful to reduce acid production in the stomach too.

In case you have any other major symptoms like chest pain, shortness of breath, etc, you might consider visiting a doctor or the Emergency room for a proper examination and symptomatic treatment.

Hope I have answered your query.

If you have any more queries, I will be available to answer them as well.