How can I know that condoms are made of either latex or polyurethane?

hi, Dr. Hope my msg find you good and fine, as I read in you are article that "Most condoms are made of either latex or polyurethane".So, How I come to know that which company is using these material for condom?
Posted Mon, 6 Aug 2012 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 5 hours later
Hello and thanks for the query.
Condoms are usually made of latex or polyurethane. If possible you should use a latex condom, as they are slightly more reliable and in most countries they are most readily available. Latex condoms can only be used with water based lubricants, not oil based lubricants such as Vaseline or cold cream as they break down the latex.

Polyurethane condoms are made from a type of plastic. They are suitable for the small number of people who are allergic to latex. Polyurethane condoms are thinner than latex condoms, and so can increase sensitivity. However, they are  slightly less flexible so more lubrication may be needed. Both oil and water based lubricants can be used with them.

Polyurethane can be considered better than latex in several ways: it conducts heat better than latex, is not as sensitive to temperature and ultraviolet light (and so has less rigid storage requirements and a longer shelf life), can be used with oil-based lubricants, is less allergenic than latex, and does not have an odor. Polyurethane condoms have gained FDA approval for sale in the United States as an effective method of contraception and HIV prevention.
However, polyurethane condoms are less elastic than latex ones, and may be more likely to slip or break than latex, lose their shape or bunch up more than latex, and are more expensive.

Latex condoms are being made by company like HICK's,VISTA and MOOD's by HLL 
polyurethane condoms are DUREX and KAMASUTRA.

You are welcome to ask any other query.
Best of luck