How can I know if I am pregnant?

My girl friend does not get her periods and today is day 5 past her usual date. I and she had sex without protection, but I was out during the time of ejaculation. Now she is worried a lot, Please can u help us? We tested the urine test and it says negative. But since it is just 5 days we were not sure whether this is the right time to do it or we have to wait for some more days. Please help us to get rid of this situation. Any pills? how to take it?
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 43 minutes later

Since the urine pregnancy test is negative it is unlikely that she is pregnant.

If the test is negative then other possibilities are hormone imbalance.You should wait for a few more days.

You may also go for ultrasound examination to conform or rule out pregnancy.

They are medicines used in post exposure prophylaxis which may includes, combined oral pills, anti progesterone's and copper T which can be inserted within 5 days of exposure.

Hope this answers your query.

I will available for follow up quires if any.

Thanks and regards.