How can I improve my weight to be fit?

my height is 5feet 3 inch & weight is 47 now, how can i improve my weight to be fit..?
Posted Wed, 19 Sep 2012 in Weight & Lifestyle
Answered by Dr. Arnab Maji 3 hours later

See your height is 5 feet 3 inches and weight is 47 kg. So your BMI is 19.067 which is quite ok as per recent BMI criteria. Recent criteria is BMI in between 18 to 24.9 is quite normal. So you must not be too much worried for that.

Even though i am giving some tips to gain weight. They are:
1. Take 4 major meal per day. There should be sufficient protein, nuts , fruits and vegetables in the diet
2. Your diet should contain adequate amount of protein at least 0.8 gram/kg of body weight.
3. Dont consume too much of coffee, tea, cold drinks or junk food.
4. You may join gymnasium or even free hand exercises. Weight training exercises will help.
5. Dont take too much of pressure mentally.
6. Enjoy every bit of your life.

If you want to know further you may write back to me.

God bless you.

Dr Arnab Maji
Follow-up: How can I improve my weight to be fit? 31 hours later
Thanx Doctor,

I am really glad to knoe that,
more often people ask me to gain weight its some time turn me to worry,
by the way,
how can i increase my appetite?
can i use any medication?
ii know a medicine thats name is
Practine & decadan from CIPLA..
should i take it?
Answered by Dr. Arnab Maji 7 hours later

Thanks for writing back to me,

Yes, you can use medication to increase your appetite. Medications, containing cyproheptadine like you mentioned Practin, can increase your appetite. But they have several severe side effects, and you should only be using it extremely cautiously. You'll have to force yourself to eat initially and you'll start feeling hungry soon.
But one thing I will tell you that dont use such appetite stimulant drugs for prolonged time. You should keep your appetite intact and keep yourself fit by regular activity, exercises, good food habits etc.

Hope i have answered your queries. If you want to know further you may ask me freely. Otherwise you may close the discussion here and please write a review on my answer.

God bless you.

Dr Arnab Maji
Follow-up: How can I improve my weight to be fit? 5 hours later

Is this conversation will be confidential?
can i ask you some persnal question?
Answered by Dr. Arnab Maji 13 minutes later

Yes, everything is confidential here. You can ask me about what you want to know.

Thank you.