How can I improve my memory?

Whats good for my memory, i forget a lot of things easy.
Posted Wed, 22 Jan 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: What type of things to you forget?How old are you? Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you so much for trusting us with your health query. I am so sorry to hear about this forgetfulness. Please, what is your age? The most common cause of memory loss in the elderly is Alzheimer's. In young persons, it is more of an organizational problem than a real disease or disease process. Being orderly is often all it requires to keep track of what has to be done. Tips like using reminder on your phone and alarms, keeping a dairy, asking a friend to remind you of the task when it is due, making sure a task is completed before taking on another, avoiding taking on so many challenging tasks at once, delegating some activities to others for execution, etc. There is no single drug that would help boost the memory. Drugs can keep you alert and focused but would not guarantee that you remember a task for execution. I hope you find this helpful. I wish you well. Thank you so much for using our services and please do feel free to ask for more information if need. Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD.
Follow-up: How can I improve my memory? 13 minutes later
Im 43 i forget things like Conversation i just had, n like at work if i just checked my hours on the computer right after i logout i forget wat it was, that happens alot.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: Try the organizational tips above. Detailed Answer: Thanks for following up with me. Your age is not too suggestive of any organic cause for this. it should be more of a difficulty with organization. Start by trying the tips I have suggested above. Note important things somewhere so that you can always flip to for reference. So long as you keep getting this frustrated, it would only make the symptom worse because this becomes the most predominant thing on your mind and other important details are lost. You need to believe in yourself again, restore the confidence and start performing good again. Otherwise, it would be difficult to dig your way out of this. I hope this helps. I wish you well. Dr. Ditah,MD.
Follow-up: How can I improve my memory? 5 minutes later
I heard taking deep breaths to help oxidant to XXXXXXX will that help.
Brief Answer: Not proven Detailed Answer: Deep breaths are a relaxation technique. They have not been proven to help with brain oxidation. I am not sure this would make any difference. However, if anxiety is a possible cause of your symptoms, then it ay be helpful in that respect. Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD.