How can I hold my erection for a long period during sex? Viagra recommended?

Psychiatrist
Question
hi
i have a problem that during sex i just do it for 1 or 2 minutes i cant hold my errection for long period ... so i want to now how can i improve it
I WANT TO HAVE BETTER SEX LIFE AND WANT ATLEAST 20 OR 30 MIN SEX SO KINDLY ADVICE ME ...ND ALSO TELL ME CAN I TAKE VIAGRA FOR THIS PROBLEM OR NOT
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Susanta Padhy 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX,

There are some phases of normal male sexual cycle like apetitive phase / desire, excitement, erection, orgasm and resolution phase.

For a better satisfied sex more than time what is important is traversing via above mentioned phases.

Spending good amount of time in "quality fore play" keeping " sensate focus technique " in mind would help to achieve this, of course with stress free mind, with a partner whom you like rather than "doing sex for the sake of doing".

Sometimes indulging in sex under substance influence or taking some drugs, can disrupt the phases and can prolong erection.

Viagra contains sildenafil which inhibits an enzyme called PDE-5, when taken, actually prolongs erection. Better not to take in your case.

Healthier and happier is the mind better is the enjoyment from sex, time is not the parameter to level a satisfied sex.

Hope I answered your query.

I am available for follow-up.

Wish you a enjoyable sex life.

Regards.

Follow-up: How can I hold my erection for a long period during sex? Viagra recommended? 4 hours later
so what should i do i havent understood yet for better sex life what should i do ...because i have been doing handpractise from last 5 to 6 years so i dont last long during sex

Answered by Dr. Susanta Padhy 8 hours later

Thanks for the follow-up question

1. Spend time in foreplay, if you are having sex with a partner,

2. Indulge in masturbation not in hurry, but when you have some time in your hand (approximately 30 min to 1 hr)

2. No other preoccupation should be running in your mind during this time

3. In this "foreplay time" visualise your dream girl / model / photos / Films . good moments with your girl friend / watching kamasutra positions / watching xx (not xxx) porns etc....and focus on her body parts that you love most, imagine that you are near her, she is approaching you..., sitting near you...holding you.., you are getting excited, you are approaching near her..., you are curdling her...hugging her, exchanging some romantic talks..., both of you are on a holiday in a resort etc.... and so on ( visualising, imagining, focussing, and then feeling these moments as is described in the above sample example. And this is what I meant "sensate focus technique"). Or read a romantic story or sex story for 10- 15 minutes. Basic aim is to get excitation in "mind"

4. After spending some time in point no. 3, you are likely to get lubrication in the glans of penis and focus and feel this lubrication with intensification of point no. 3

5. After lubrication, start indulging in masturbation (start slowly, don’t be vigorous in the beginning)....You are likely to enter orgasmic phase and then ejaculation. Finally you will feel relaxed, penis will be flaccid

6. And, of course do keep in mind what I had advised earlier.

7. Still, if you are not satisfied, it would be better to consult a psychologist or psychiatrist or sexologist, the purpose of which is to understand sex and its various components. Because it needs a lot of discussion, I need to know about your life, work, your previous affairs, your personality, your current situation etc.

Hope this will help you

I am available for further queries.

Wish you a good luck.