How can I grow a thick beard?

ENT Specialist
Hello Doctor ,I have very few facial hair and my beard is very less while all the male in family have good beard in my family ...what are the remedies to overcome this embarrassing situation .I want to grow a good beard to better look and feel ...kindly please suggest
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 50 minutes later

Thanks for the query

The most important factor which determines the growth of facial hair is actually your genetic characteristics. Testosterone is the hormone which is responsible for the male characteristics and in those individuals in whom the testosterone levels are low, the hair growth will be less.

Some men do not have complete hair growth, while some only have facial hair growth in certain regions on the face such as, over the sides and the chin area. None of the treatment are beneficial in growing the facial hair as it is genetically determined. There are no medicines to grow facial hair.

Some home remedies are suggested but again, the success is limited. You can try the following home remedies:
1.Apply eucalyptus oil over the desired area at night, it induces hair growth.
2.Eat nutritious food.
3.Take multivitamin capsules containing Vitamin C, Vitamin E and B6.
4.Stress is also one of the commonest reasons for poor facial hair growth, reduce stress.
5.Avoid tea, coffee, alcohol and smoking as it induces stress.
6.Drink plenty of water and fresh fruit juices to keep your skin hydrated.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any more doubts I am available for the follow ups.