How can I get rid of the acne marks?

Hello Sir/Mam,

I have problem of acne and some older marks as a result of acne that remained on my face.Some says they are permanent marks and can't be remove.Please give your suggestion.
Posted Mon, 11 Jun 2012 in Acne
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 5 hours later

Thanks for writing in.

Varieties of Treatment options are now available for acne scars and pigmentation.
No single treatment is best for everyone.
Various procedures can improve your complexion, however.
Response to treatment varies from person to person.

Chemical peels- improve and smooth the texture of the facial skin using a chemical solution that causes the skin to blister and eventually peel off.
It is useful in scars and pigmentation.

Microdermabrasion - removes the cells on the surface of the skin or dermabrasion to completely remove the top layer of skin. Useful in superficial scars.

Various laser treatments can also be used to treat acne scars.
IPL, fractional co2, Nd Yag lasers are effective.

Subcision -It is a process used to treat XXXXXXX rolling scars left behind by acne or other skin diseases.

In some cases, surgery to remove deeply indented acne scars is an option.

All these options can be used alone or in combination.

If you can upload good close-up photographs of yours (front and side view) I will be in position to suggest you more applicable treatment options.

If you need any further clarification please let me know.

Awaiting your reply.

Dr Sudarshan