How can I get rid of red bugs in hair?

I have these little red bugs in my hair that burrow themselves into my scalp. How can I get rid of them
Posted Wed, 15 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 3 hours later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query. You might be suffering from head lice infestation. Please apply 5 % permethrin lotion on your scalp, leave in for an hour and wash off. This will give you relief. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you
Follow-up: How can I get rid of red bugs in hair? 2 hours later
these are not head lice. I have had lice and I know what they look like, these are not them.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 8 hours later
Brief Answer: Details below Detailed Answer: Hello Sorry for the misinterpretation. Dont worry please apply permethrin. It is effective against any type of bug infesting the hair and body. Feel free to ask any other doubts. Thank you