How can I get pregnant if I have polycystic ovary syndrome?

Hi i have pcos, my partner and i want to have a baby, but want to try without medication. We have not used any contraception for the past 5years and have not been sucessful. We would like to know some ways to increase the chance naturally. Also my menstrual cycle have been normal and on time each month for the past 2 years..
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 18 minutes later

You are having PCOS.You must be knowing that in PCOS is condition in which there is abnormality in female sex hormones leading development of multiple cyst in the ovaries and which in turn affect ovulation.

In normal condition's the eggs are made and released during each cycle and this eggs when fertilized by sperm the pregnancy results.

In case of PCOS the eggs are not released and they form cyst on the ovary. It is very obvious that without eggs there is no scope for pregnancy.

My advice would that you should not shy away from drugs.The drugs are very effective and does not have any major side effects. If you still wish to stick for natural ways, it is said that in borderline pcos, a weight loss of 10% increase the chances of ovulation by 50%. Diet modifications are sincerely recommended.

I still suggest consult a Gynecologist & Dietitian in your city get your self treated for this.

Once treated there are bright chances of you getting pregnancy. Since it is already for 5 yrs you should not waste too much time.

I hope this answers your query,I will be available for follow up.