How can I get fair skin?

hi im wondering how to get fair color?
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 2 hours later

I saw the picture you attached; but am not sure which one of the two ladies, are you..
Nevertheless, both have a fair skin.

So, I am confused what exactly you want?

Are you referring to acne (pimples) or is it that you just want a more even tone to your skin?

Awaiting your response

Follow-up: How can I get fair skin? 1 hour later
thank you so much for your kind reply. I apologize,i didnt say which one i am, im the one on the right side in the picture. the girl on the left is fairer than me, and i just want to know if you know of or sell any type of fairness cream which will make my skin shade fairer. currently, im using nafia magic fairness cream which claims to lighten skin by 3-4 shades! have you, by any chance, heard of that cream? i can attach the website link too, if you would like. also, i will attach another picture, of me(on hte right) on thte desired skin tone I want(the girl on the left). waiting for your response! thank you :)
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 27 minutes later
Thanks for the clarifications.

I am afraid there is no treatment which can lighten your skin color beyond your natural shade.

Nevertheless, you may try glycolic peels and mild depigmenting creams containing kojic acid, arbutin.

Use a broad spectrum sunscreen at least twice daily to prevent tanning and photo-damage.

You may have to consult a dermatologist regarding glycolic peels as it is an office based procedure and has to be done under supervision.

The nafia magic fairness cream did not convince the medical community.

Cosmetic creams are seldom effective.

I hope I have answered your query.

Follow-up: How can I get fair skin? 19 minutes later
hi, i did do some inquiry on the nafia magic fairness cream, and heard from people who have used it that it lighten skin shade for people upto 5 shades from natural skin tone, and i have heard other creams in india also change color to make it fair... please do reply.
anjd also why was nafia cream not convinced?
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 22 hours later

It is not convincing as the ingredients are not potent hypo-pigmenting agents.

At best, it may give an even tone. Fairness is not something I expect with these cosmetic creams.

There are many other brands available which have a similar content. And we are pretty sure that, these are cosmetics and when used daily help in maintaining an even skin tone.

As for internet reviews, anyone can write anything and most of the times it is the company's own branding.

Nevertheless you may give it a try as there are no side effects.

Be sure that there is no "fairness" cream available. Or any other treatment which can lighten your skin color beyond your original skin tone.