How can I find out my conception date?

ultrasoundTwo years ago i had a daughter i had an ultrasound at 10weeks and it said my conception date was 10/17/09 i had sex on the 11th my lmp started 10/06/09 i also had sex on the 24th my ultrasound had cd conception date which was 10 weeks and lmp which was 11 weeks but my Dr went with my conception date when she gave me my due date there were two different sex partners on the 11th and 24th the 24th was about 30 seconds of intercourse and i told him to stop is it possible i made a mistake and told the man who i had sex with on the 11th that he was the father and it was really the man from the 24t????
Posted Mon, 22 Oct 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 2 hours later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

To review:

1. Your LMP was 10/06/09 (this would correlate with conception around 10/20)
2. Ultrasound at 10 weeks indicated conception around 10/17
3. You had intercourse on 10/11 and again on 10/24 (two different partners)

Assuming that you had prior regular cycles, the intercourse on 10/11 was on cycle day #6. It is very unlikely that you ovulated that early. Sperm can live in the cervix for about 3 days, up until cycle day #9 in your case. While I won't say it is impossible, I think there is a doubt in my mind as to who is the father.

Most women ovulate around day#14, which in your case would have been on 10/19-10/20. This is closer in time to the partner on the 24th.

I hope this helps. If you can clarify further with regard to your cycles, maybe I can improve upon this answer.

Follow-up: How can I find out my conception date? 51 minutes later
my cycles were always irregular up until i had my daughter sometimes they would come early sometimes they'd come later sometimes they'd be 5 days sometimes 7 the man who id had intercourse with on the 11 had ejaculated in me and the one on the 24 didn't thats why i assumed he was the father that and i thought sperm was able to live up to 5 days long and the Dr told me the ultrasound was accurate and before i had the ultrasound she said my urine sample said i was twelve weeks pregnant i figured with the conception date was 10 and the urine was twelve then my gestation age was the urine since the ultrasound said the conception was 10 weeks
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 25 minutes later
If the man on the 24th absolutely did not ejaculate in you (absolutely!) and you can be 100% confident, then the father has to be the one on the 11th. If there was significant cycle irregularity, then this means that there is significant irregularity in terms of when you ovulate.

The urine test is not going to be accurate at all unless you had a negative test one day and a positive test the next. You would have to know exactly when it turned positive.

While I can confidently state now, based on what you are saying, that the father is from the 11th, the only way that you can be 100% sure is to have a paternity test done. Perhaps you owe it to him and your daughter!

I really hope this helps. Please ask if you have more questions.
Follow-up: How can I find out my conception date? 2 hours later
one more question wouldn't it be more possible to get pregnant before ovulation than after if i ovulated on the 18th wouldn't my egg be dead by the 24th?
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 7 minutes later
You most likely ovulated on the 19th. You are correct in that the egg is very unlikely to still be viable on the 24 th. Assuming that guy 2 did not ejaculate within 30 seconds, then the chances are even that much less likely that he is the father.
Follow-up: How can I find out my conception date? 1 minute later
thank u very much
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 1 hour later
It has been my pleasure. If you want additional clarification of my answer, please ask. Good luck!!