How can I determine my conception date?

i was due october 31 and was wondering if it was possible for me to have gotten pregnant from sex in december? I know there is a margin of error for ultrasounds but i was wondering if the dua date one the time i had sex in december would have resulted in pregnancy. my husband left me and i was with an old friend in december but got back together with my husband in january. I'm sure what i had in january was period but is possible that i would have gotten pregnant in december?
Posted Thu, 23 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: You most likely conceived after January.... Detailed Answer: Hi, I understand your concern. Though ultrasound scan dates at times are wrong, the margin of error is extremely low unless the growth of fetus is abnormal when you had the scan. Considering the scan due dates was not wrong, by reversing the calculation you most likely conceived early February or late January. Since you had your period in the month of January, I feel the margin of error in this reverse calculation is very, very low. Therefore it is highly unlikely that your old friend is the father of your child. You conceived through your Husband after January's period dates. Hope this helps you. Write back if you need clarifications. Regards
Follow-up: How can I determine my conception date? 10 hours later
Okay let's just say that what I had in January was implantation bleeding wouldn't the ultrasound be able to tell that I was further along and gotten pregnant in December? I was with that other person in early December. Right ?
Answered by Dr. Prasad 2 hours later
Brief Answer: You most likely were not pregnant in December... Detailed Answer: Hi, It looks like you are not clear with what I told earlier. Based on your due date that was on October 31st, you most likely conceived early in the month of February or late January. It is highly unlikely that you were pregnant before the periods that you had in January. In simple words, I don't think that the bleeding you had in the month of January was implantation bleed. It was a normal period. Hope I am clear now. Regards