How can I deal with anxiety related my worry about having STD inpite of being tested negative?

May 2013
Maybe you could give me some advice. I will be honest I am a bit of a worrier which I know isn't good, I don't worry about everything but when I do worry about something I tend to think bout that one particular thing all the time and it seems to take control of my mind. The one thing that has been on mind for a while is the possible chance of having and STD. I know seems crazy but I guess even though my pap smears have been negative and the last four times within two months I have gone to the doctors to get a second and third opinion about a concern ive had and each time the doctors would say everything looks normally and I'm having no symptoms of any sort. I guess I'm worried I could have caught something that has no symptoms and I don't even know it. I'm currently single right now and it's been five months that I had sex and I've been with five guys in my life. Just wondering if you have any suggestions on how to be more positive and not worry bout this if everything looks and seems fine for me. I don't want to sit here and worry myself sick if I don't have anything. Thanks for your time and Hope to hear from you soon.
Posted Fri, 10 Jan 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Possibility of infection is less Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. According to your history the possibility of STDs is less. Supporting points for this are : -No signs and symptoms of infection -Negative pap smear test -Abstinence for five months -Examinations didn't detect any findings of infection. So, don't worry. If at all there is any infection by this time it might have manifested. Try to divert your mind by engaging in some other work. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.