How can I avail Ambien, Zolr in Canada?

Dec 2014

Yes, Ambien/Zolt ziplicone tartrate is not available in Canada and
the only drug that helps me sleep. How can I get it ti canada without hassle and delay and unreasonable cost
Posted Mon, 10 Jun 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 45 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

Ambien or any other similar drugs also called Z-drugs are scheduled drugs along with benzodiazepines. They are available with prescription of a qualified doctor only. You have mentioned zeleplone is not available so you can try benzodiazepines.

Benzodiazepines are clonazepam, lorazepam etc. These are short a acting and can be used for short term management of insomnia. But they are also available with prescription only. They are not costly.

Apart from benzodiazepines other medicines like Trazodon or Mirtazepine at low doses are very good hypnotics and are used in insomnia. They are commonly available with chemists. Consultation with a Psychiatrist is advised prior to start of the therapy.

Melatonin and new drug Ramelteon are two drugs that are non addicting and are good sleep inducers. They can be obtained from chemist without any hassle and are not too costly also.

Apart from medicines improve sleep hygiene for better sleep.

Hope it helps you, if you have more questions you can ask again.

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi, MD