How bad is hydrogen peroxide and propylene glycol during early pregnancy? Used Crest 3D White Rinse

I used a mouthwash with hydrogen peroxide and proplyene glycol in early pregnancy. How bad are those ingredients. It is Crest 3D White Rinse and there are no pregnancy warnings on the label. But I called Crest and they said that the ingredients are not harmful but I should talk to my doctor. Of course, their office is closed for the weekend and I am freaking out.
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later

Hydrogen peroxide and propylene glycol both are organic chemicals which if at all absorbed from the oral mucosa breaks down into water and carbon dioxide in the body both of which are harmless.

The mouth wash remains in mouth for a small amount of time and is not ingested. So, the chances of any effects on the body are almost nil.

Relax, I reassure you, there is no major health concern with you or your baby. Do not worry.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.