How are testosterone levels increased ?

I had only uncontrollable anger and after all rational thinking I decided to get answers to my problems in a way which problem creator would understand better.( to be precise verbal negotiations had failed).
I was treated with sizodon -1mg in 2003 for this, age 23. I stopped taking the sizodon after 2-3 months in 2003. I am 34 now, free testosterone - 11.68 pg/ml - method RIA, serum testosterone - 196.8 ng/dl, prolactin - 10.25 ng/ml -Alpha prime LS france,TRIIODOTHYONINI -1.22 ng/ml,THYROXINE - 7.81 ug/dl,TSH - 2.16 uIU/ml
Was the diagnosis correct to give sizodon? I had decided not to marry.How Can I get Testosterone back to good amount without liver or protest cancer?

Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Manuj Sharma 19 hours later

After going through the description provided by you, one thing is very clear that you have low level of testosterone for your age and thyroid function is absolutely normal.

The following investigations would be required like serum FSH -LH to know the cause and also serum PSA, Liver function and ultrasonography to know status to avoid risk of liver and prostate cancer after testosterone replacement which should be done under direct supervision of your physician.

It would be difficult for me to comment on Sizodon required or not as it requires detailed psychiatric assessment.

Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Wish you a good health

Follow-up: How are testosterone levels increased ? 2 days later
PSA serum by CMIA - 1.02 ng/mL
FSH - 1.45 mIU/mL
LH - 1.6 mIU/mL

How much of above is XXXXXXX - what are those XXXXXXX ranges? and how Testosterone affects these - any web link?
Any diet other than non veg to increase the required levels?
Answered by Dr. Manuj Sharma 2 hours later

Thanks for writing again.

Normal value of serum FSH is 3-20 mlU/ml, Serum LH is 5-20 mlU/ml and that of PSA is 0.3-2.5 ng/ml.

Your values are well less than the normal range.

There is no specific diet to increase the count. You can take Multivitamins with Zinc in it.

I suggest you to XXXXXXX an endocrinologist and discuss it with him/her further.

I will not be able to send you any website link as things may get complicated and you may not understand it better. You may get worried unnecessarily. I do not suggest it. I am sorry.