How are spontaneous appearances of bruises treated ?

A bruise popped up, purple. A week later a smooth white surface appeared as if the bruise were surrounding it. It is off to the left of the bruise, but surrounded by red. Inside this white area is a small pea sized bump. It does not hurt and I can not move it, but it gets no smaller. What is causing this?
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later

Spontaneous appearance of a bruise without any history of injury is a matter of concern and needs to be investigated properly.

You do have a heart disease and you are taking aspirin which might be causing such a spontaneous haemorrhage.

You need to get your coagulation profile checked and if necessary stop aspirin after consulting with your physician.

Regarding the white area in the center of a one week old bruise, it might have resulted from clearing up and degradation of the collected blood or might be indicative of an infection or abscess formation.

You need to have a proper examination for the diagnosis and antibiotics might be needed for your symptoms.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.