How are red lesions on the penis base treated ?

Dermatologist
Question
what might it bei have a bump just before my penis in my pube section..it not sore, nor is it pus looking.. i'm scared of it being herpies. but i have diabeties so i don't know if it could be something with that. it's been 4 weeks since i've had sex. and i just now see it..so should i be worried?
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 8 hours later
Hi!

Thank you for the query.

I would request you to elaborate on few points so that I can suggest you better. I would like to know :

1) Is this the first time that you have got this lesion?

2) Is it water filled lesion (blister or vesicle)?

3) Is it associated with any pain or fever?

4) Did you have protected sexual intercourse (with condom)?

5) Was the sexual intercourse with any commercial sex worker or some body whom you knew?

6) Any pain associated with it or is it tender to touch?

7) Did you try any treatment for this & what was the result?

8) May I know your age?

It should not be related to Diabetes, as in that we get to see fungal infection more which manifests as itching and redness.

In herpes, usually one gets multiple tiny water filled lesions over the penis, which might be associated with fever and pain.

If it is just a traumatic erosion then you should not be worried about it, but then we should rule out any other Sexually Transmitted Diseases here and get relevant test done. Let me get a complete history from you then we can discuss further on it.

You can even consider sending me a close up picture of the lesion, then probably I can help you further in this.

You have a feature to upload the reports / image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better.

Awaiting your response.

Dr.Bharat chawda

Follow-up: How are red lesions on the penis base treated ? 5 hours later
i'm sry. well i woke up with a red bump at the base of my penis, i'm afraid it might be herpes, but it's not sore. i just notice it yesterday. it has been 4 weeks since i had sex. could it be herpes even though it is one bump, and it's not sore. or could it something else?
Follow-up: How are red lesions on the penis base treated ? 8 minutes later
i'm trying to upload pic, but can't find where.
Follow-up: How are red lesions on the penis base treated ? 2 minutes later
i'm 37 and sex was with some one i didn't know. yes i wore a condom, and there is no pain or fever. yes first time i have seen it.
Follow-up: How are red lesions on the penis base treated ? 1 minute later

Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 34 hours later

Thanks for writing back to me.

The chances of a single lesion you have being herpes is rare.

Do mail me the images of the lesions to YYYY@YYYY with sub : attn Dr Barath Chawda.

I shall have a look and be sure of my conclusions.

Anticipating your response.