How are pus cells in sperm reduced ?

hi Dr i am 28 married from last 3 years problem is that i hav too many pus cells in my sperm report is that Active 15 sug 10 Dead 75 Too many puss cells Seen,I have also XXXXXXX three month treatment but there is no postive result the report After 3 month is same, i have also done seeman calture Ant its normal,And testistone level is 250 Mg ,there is any other test i want indentyfing the cause of too many pus produce in my dr says that test ur testis scan to see the problem please ans me .
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Men Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Deepak Anvekar 1 hour later
Hello Gurpartap,

Here are a few facts regarding normal semen analysis findings for your information.

1. Normal Sperm Count is usually in the range of 20 to 150 million/ml.

2. Percentage of sperms that need to have Normal Morphology so as to allow normal conception and pregnancy is 40%.

3. Percentage of sperms that need to have very good motility so as to swim into the uterus and allow normal conception and pregnancy is 20%.

In your case, the quantity of active sperms is 15% with 75% dead sperms and high pus cell levels. This could be due to some form of inflammation within the testes.

Hence to rule this out, the best test would be a Testicular Biopsy. Once this test is done, it will confirm the cause of your problem.

You might consult a urologist or an infertility expert, who can get these tests done for you.

I hope this helps.

Please feel free to consult me again if you have additional queries.

Dr Anvekar.