How are panic attacks and weight loss treated ?

General Surgeon
Hi, in march this year i suffered a panic attack.. wasn't eating much the first 3 weeks after it happen. I am now back to my three meals a day and still no weight can, weight loss is very noticeable, plus my size 14 clothes are all now too big. I have also gotten really much darker in complexion and and i have notice some hair loss at the front on both side of my head. I am still getting palpitations and really strange headachy like problems.. not headache of such but like electric currents in head are numb feeling in the head. My s
face also seem to have broken out in a rash all over it. Please help me I keep thinking I have other issues going on that the doctors have tested for yet. BTW, iron fine, heart scan was ok, thyroids blood test and scan was ok, 24hr ecg was ok..
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 3 hours later

You are already taken one course of antibiotics & now on another antibiotics course .Your considerable weight loss really needs timely proper attention.Most of your test report are normal.Sudden loss of appetite for three weeks is the cause for weight loss .Your general health like hair loss ,darker complexion & face look may take time to return.Improve your diet with high calorie ,high proteins along with lots of fresh fruits & vegetables to improve your weight & skin texture of face.,but continue with investigation to find the exact cause & get it treated.Headache , palpitation & numbness will disappear once you start gaining weight feel recovering.Also start some regular exercise .

Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries, Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery.
Follow-up: How are panic attacks and weight loss treated ? 15 hours later
thanks doc, i have CT scan and the doc as finally agreed to refer me. are you also convince this is just a psychological issue and nothing else cause thats what the doc told me.
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 1 hour later
     Some times organic or real problems are quite difficult to diagnose ,in such cases medical attention goes towards psychological my option further investigation may find the basic cause of your problems.But sometimes psychological problem present in such a way it looks like some serous organic problem.So continue the treatment & investigation simultaneously,it may help you.

Hope I have answered your query, Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery.