How are panic attacks and generalized anxiety treated ?

Dear Sir,
I am 29 years age, single, 5ft 11 inch tall and 75 kg weight, working in an MNC in salt lake. I have been suffering from generalized Anxiety for the last 3-4 years. Although, till a few days back, i was thinking its over for good. However i am getting these panic attacks, since tuesday, started with a relationship issue. From wednesday morning I am having palpitation on my chest, a general discomfort, lack of appetite. I have been on mdication since long, having Serta 100 and clonotril 0.25 at night. Please help

bmx games, utorrent
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Tulasi Raman.P 2 hours later
Hi Devjeet,

I can guess that you are going through a lot of trouble inside your mind.

But you should always remember that there is no man in this world without XXXXXXX & external conflicts.

You should know that calming yourself will let you see the problem in a third persons view & then you can analyse the problem fault on your side as well as on others side.

When you get the problem analysed then and only then can you think of solving the problem.

Remember you can solve the problems slowly only because there is always a difference between reality, thoughts, opinion, desires, fact. So try & try you can come out of your family and XXXXXXX conflicts.

The medication are required when you are not able solve this problem and you feel you are doomed.

But medication helps your mind go slow and relax from the effects. Palpitation is due to anxiety, fear and tension, strain to your body and mind. Medication is of help when your mind can't cope with it.

These things can help a bit. But if you want to get rid of it completely it is not possible.

But you can escape them for a time by going to place where you can find peace for a day or two and staying there. If that is not possible then try this out it as worked out for many- Wake up early in the morning refresh yourself. If you do have a jogging suit wear it as the sunlight is beaming in the sky even before the sun could rise walk to your nearest park slow and calm. watch the skies the birds its chirping sound, people jogging, fresh air, XXXXXXX trees and plant. If you are lucky enough to get a seat in the park sit down & watch the sunrise. do the same-thing for the sunset. This helps psychological to set a person's mind free of all the tension and thoughts. This is natures touch.

This has cured many from my experience and hope will work for you.
If it doesn't sure you can take even the medicines for help and continue with this.

I am sure your mind is clear enough to think now.

For any other doubts or query do write to me I will be available to answer.