How are noriday tablets used to delay periods ?

im 33 and just started to take the noriday pill, my period is due to start next weekend,however i was told this pill prevents periods, but i am also going away next weekend so i do not want a period so what do you suggest? i take the pill as normal and hope for the best or double up my pill or ask for the tablet to delay my periods? many thanks
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Noriday is a progesterone only pill. Since you have started taking the pill from one week prior to your expected date of periods, taking this pill regularly on schedule- one tablet daily is sufficient to delay your periods.
Taking an extra tablet or doubling up of this tablet is not needed for delaying your periods. Make it sure that you do not miss any of the doses and preferably take the tablet daily at the same time so that a constant hormone levels are maintained in your body for the best results.
I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.

Follow-up: How are noriday tablets used to delay periods ? 14 hours later
many thanks for your answer,however is it usual to have mild period pains and tender breasts?is this just my body getting used to the pill or my body getting ready to have a period but not actually having a bleed??
Thanks for writing again.
Tenderness of breasts is commonly seen when you start taking oral pills.
Mild period pains is not likely to be due to pills or your expected periods as this pill is likely to delay your periods. This pain just an expected periodic reaction of the body.
Hope this is helpful.
Follow-up: How are noriday tablets used to delay periods ? 26 minutes later
i take this pill at the same time everyday so how likely is it that my periods will now stop?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 22 minutes later
If your periods have not yet started and do not start in next 3 days then the likelihood of this pill causing your periods to delay is near about 90%.
It takes at least 72-96 hours for this tablet to start showing its effect on the uterine tissue.