How are moles on the leg treated ?

I have a small (about the size of a pinhead) perfectly round uniform in color slightly raised mole on my lower leg. It has been there for years. It seems to be unchanging my sole concern is the color, it seems to be black in color. As I have stated it has not changed in size, color, texture... I do have a few other moles some darker than others. I have a dermatologist appointment in three months. Is it safe to just keep an eye on it in the meanwhile. I will be out of the counrty so I will not be able to get to DR.
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 43 minutes later

A mole like pigmented area present for the last several years without any change is less likely to create any problems when you will be out of country.

You can self monitor the mole for any changes in size, shape, color , redness, ulceration, pain ,irregularity of margins, itching or discharge.

"If any of these changes appear then you need to see your dermatologist immediately".

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.