Ask a Urologist   »  

How are gonococcal and bacterial infections treated ?

Hello doctor
The other day after mastirbating I discovered a white discharge on in the tip of my penis. Not realizing that there was an itchy and tingle feeling also. Everyday now I can feel it leaking out and caked up an sticking to my underware. I had sex a week and a day before without a condom with the same person I've been having sex with for the last month. I worried that it's could be an STD. I need to know what this can be and if it's an STD. Please help...
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 3 hours later

It is possible that you have uretheritis secondary infection. White discharge from the urethra, itching and tingling is associated with 'gonococcal' and other 'bacterial infections' (STD).

I suggest you to consult a doctor / urologist. Physical examination, urine test and swab test / culture test is entailed to confirm the diagnosis. Your doctor may suggest you a course of antibiotics.

Meanwhile, do consume plenty of water.

I hope my answers are adequate and helpful to you. Should you have further concerns, I am available to address them.