How are delayed effects of concussion treated ?

i am 19 years old. 5'4 and 128 pounds. yesterday i hit my head really hard when i was getting into a vehicle. i went to the local urgent care & the doctor looked at my ears & checked my pupils and said i was okay. that happened at 10 am yesterday. it is 2:30 pm the next day, and i feel pressure on the side of my head that i hit, and pressure around my nose and face. is this normal? my head doesnt really hurt, just a mild headache sometimes. and sometimes my pupils change sizes.
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 28 minutes later

You may be experiencing some delayed effects of concussion.I would suggest that you get a head ct/mri done to rule out any bleeding in the brain.The pressure inside your brain may have increased causing edema etc.
I suggest you to re visit the doctor again.
You may not have experienced any symptoms of head injury at that time.

Please seek medical help.

Follow-up: How are delayed effects of concussion treated ? 17 minutes later
if i had a concussion, would i have more symptoms? the only symptoms i have right now are pressure around my nose and eye, and a very mild headache. do you think this is serious?
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 4 minutes later
Hi again,

The symptoms are headache,blurred vision,nausea vomitting,dilatation of pupils etc.
Sometimes they manifest several hours after the injury.In your case,that may have been the case.Head injuries are tricky,although it sound sound like a medical emergency at this point of time,it can happen later.Hence the need to for the scan.
It may not turn out to be serious,but i still would advise a ct scan.