Ask a Urologist   »  

How are cuts on the penis due to masturbation treated ?

Question
I am a 57 yr old male avgerage ht and wt. As my last sexual relations was over 8 yrs ago , I masturbate. I do yard work pulling weeds and re-planting plants , bldg maintance for my mom and ageing cousin in Ohio. I always wash my hands when I return home with XXXXXXX dish soap with anti-bacterial.
I get callisis on my palms for the work I do. I sand them off before masturbating - but even though they felt smooth , I apparently got 2-3 small cut on the head of my penis which welted up similar to the size of a bee sting even though I used vasoline , which has never caused my any reaction. Approximitly 4 days later I could see the very tiny cut in the centers which though reddened ,not infected.
I also use Gold Bond powder to help reduce the amount of sweat in my underware ,and no reaction to this product in the last 2 yrs of use. I have also noted what appears to be some drying of the skin in 2 places at the base of the penis head -some is peeling.
I have used Neosporn and Bag Balm(what farmers use for use of cow teets among other uses) which seems to help some ,but with slow healing results.
May you tell me how long this may last and any suggestions what else I may do help heal my male member sooner. Other info : I usually masturbate only 2-3 time a month,sometimes less.
Thank you for your time and kind attention and your knowledge to my inquery.
Respectfully , Doug
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Deepak Anvekar 1 hour later
Hello XXXXXXX and thanks for the query.

It seems that you have minor cuts on your genital area due to course of masturbation. This is nothing to be worried about. They will resolve soon without any adverse effects or any complications.

You can benefit by using a Hydrocortisone cream 1 % to relieve your symptoms at the earliest.

In addition application of cold packs will help relieve the redness.

It should heal in 7 to 10 days time.

Once healed, the frequency of masturbation will not be a factor, but using proper water based lubricants will be very helpful to prevent further such occurrences.

It would also be better for me to suggest you more, if you can send me a picture of the lesion.

You have a feature to upload the reports / image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better.

I hope this helps.

In case any more doubts, I am available for the follow ups.

Regards.

Dr Anvekar.