How are classic hemorrhoids treated ?

Hi, I am 37. 5' 4" and about 70kg.
When I go to the toilet I experience a little pain around the anus and inside but afterwoods it gets very skingy/burning for several hours, sometime excrusiating. This has been going on for a couple of months. It only eases when I stand. I also seem to be urinating more lately
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Peptic Ulcer
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 16 minutes later

What you have described looks like a classic hemorrhoids.

A hemorrhoid is basically a small swollen blood vessel in the area of the anus. On occasion, these can be triggered by - prolonged sitting, heavy lifting, or possibly from anal sexual intercourse.

Let me give you a few suggestions as far as what to do now. First, twice daily I would like you to sit in a warm batch in the bathtub for 20 minutes. The warm water will sooth the area and help shrink the swollen tissue.

Next, you can go to any local pharmacy and pick up a tube of preparation H cooling gel. This is a clear gel which you can apply to the swollen areas after each bowel movement and also at bedtime. Over time this helps also to shrink the hemorroidal tissue.

Frequent urination may be due to urinary infection which needs a routine urine examination for diagnosis.

Again, hemorrhoids are common and not worrisome.

Occasionally they can become larger and bleed in which case you need to consult a general surgeon.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful.

Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.