How are bulges on the forehead treated ?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
hello doctor

i am 21 yrs old.From my child hood i have a bulging on my forehead.i have had no injuries. both left and right side of the forehead are bulged. when i met an orthopaedic he told that it could be frontal bossing
and one of the causes may be due to growth hormone.
every time i look into my face on the mirror it looks horrible.
please suggest some non surgical treatment.
Also i have fat deposition around my waist.

if there is any test that i have to take please suggest.

my height:171cms
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Atul Wankhede 22 hours later

From what I gather, you have noticed bulging forehead since childhood, with no other skeletal deformity or any other symptom.

It can be due to a variety of reasons,including growth hormone irregularity caused by an adenoma of pitutary gland (a tumour ). But in that case it should have produced a variety of symptoms.

In my opinion you should first consult an Endocrinologist to confirm pitutary stability. If no reason is established, you may safely term this as a cosmetic deformity and consult a Cosmetic surgeon.

Since you don't want a surgical modality, I would support and respect your feelings and ask you to accept and like the way nature has created you.

I'm afraid no non- surgical modality will help you in this situation.

The fat on your waist needs diet improvisation, exercises under supervision and if redundant fat go for liposuction.

Hope this answers your query.
Thank you and have a good day.