Ask a Dentist   »  

How are black spots on teeth treated ?

my husband has had a stiff neck and sore throat, no fever for 2 weeks. Now there are black spots on one tooth. He had a splinter in his neck two weeks ago. what kind of doc is best to see, dentist? urgent care?
What is recommended? any idea wht is going on?
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 42 minutes later
Having a splinter in the neck followed by stiff neck might be indicative of the infection caused by the foreign body. An X-ray of the neck or an MRI will be best to recognize the present position of the splinter.
Consulting an ENT surgeon will help in the treatment and removal of the splinter if it is still there. A course of broad spectrum antibiotic is needed to control the infection.
The black spots on the tooth might not be related to the stiff neck. A thorough examination first by an ENT surgeon followed by a dentist will help you.
I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.