House is being painted, have chest pain and tightness with coughing. Taking anti-histamines, nose spray and venteze pump.

Hi Dr, my house is being painted over the last 2 weeks, there are strong fumes. I now have constant chest pain and tightness, plus coughing. I am also going through chronic seasonal hayfever. I am taking anti-histamines, nose spray and a venteze pump. The pump helps only for a very short time. My chest is very uncomfortable. What should I do and how long will it last. Thank You.
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Jose Ignacio Artero Munoz 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Allergic Bronchitis

Detailed Answer:
Delighted to be able to help.

From the symptoms that you describe, I suspect you might be suffering from Allergic Bronchitis-Asthma.

When Allergic Bronchitis is the diagnosis, I treat my patients with:

-An inhaled bronchodilator for example Salbutamol 100 mcg,2 pulsations thrice a day.
-An inhaled corticosteroid for example Budesonide 200 mcg,1 pulsation twice a day.
-An antihistamine by mouth for example Ebastine 20 mg twice a day.

If your symptoms do not improve with the drugs cited, it is recommended to add a corticosteroid by mouth for example Prednisone 30 mg per day.

Please consult your local doctor for evaluation and prescription.

I Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help. If you do not have any clarifications, please don’t forget to evaluate my answer.

I wish you good health