Hot spots on back, neck and face. No pain. Now have welts on back.

I get these hot spots on my back, neck & on the left side of my face. no pain just hot feeling. now I have five welts on my back, no pain just feels hot
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 1 hour later

Painless welts usually occur due to a immunological reaction of the body. Bed bug bites, chigger bites ants etc are usually the cause. Don't scratch the welt sites and apply ice fomentation to reduce the swelling.

You can take anti allergic medication. If you have any severe symptoms then you need to see your doctor for stronger medication. Inflammation /infection of these welts may occur due to scratching and might require antibiotics.

If bed bugs, chiggers are the cause, then you need to wash your bed spread with hot water/air out your mattress etc.

Hope I have answered your query. Do write back if you have further queries.