Hot and painful right leg tightness, artificial hips and knees, sportive. Cause?

I am Male 72 yrs and have artifical hips & knees Play Golf Tennis etc, At the moment my R/Leg feels very tight and hot and painful Why
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later

Hot and painful right leg can be due to an injury or an inflammation due to an infection like an abscess. You need to examine the area for any visible swelling, redness, point of extreme tenderness, fever, etc. If any of these signs are found, a direct examination by an orthopaedician is a must. Few relevant tests such as blood test, X-ray and MRI of the affected part to detect the soft tissue pathology are entailed..

You can start taking tablet Tylenol (Acetaminophen) Double Strength after breakfast and after dinner. It is suggested to add calcium supplements 500mg each twice daily. This will take care of your mild symptoms in 3-5 days.

If the symptoms persist then you need stronger prescription medicines and oral antibiotics for treatment.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
If you are satisfied with the answer I request you to accept the answer.

Wish you good health.